Thursday, June 1, 2017

Review: Another Postcard by Elle Christensen

Another Postcard (Stone Butterfly Rockstars Book 1)
Another Postcard (Stone Butterfly Rockstars #1)
By Elle Christensen 
Published May 16th, 2017 
334 pages

New Adult

*I received an e-copy of this book from NetGalley and the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!*

Find Another Postcard Here:

Goodreads
Amazon 
Barnes & Noble 
Summary from Goodreads.com:
Brooklynn Hawk is an enigma. Highly sought after for her incredible voice, her talent shines bright in the studio. But a dark past and a secret she holds close to her heart keep her from permanently stepping into the limelight. 
Until her favorite band offers her the chance to chase her dreams. 

As the lead singer for rock sensation, Stone Butterfly, Levi Matthews is wary of bringing in new talent. But, he has heard just how amazing Brooklynn is and when the need for another singer arises, he’s confident that she is the perfect addition. 

However, he doesn't count on laying his heart at her feet. 

But the world of music can be as dangerous as it is thrilling. Joining Stone Butterfly on tour was hard enough for Brooklyn, but when she finally succumbs to Levi's charms, the rock 'n' roll life turns deadly. 

Will Levi and Brooklynn keep their voices and their hearts entwined? Or will the music prove too hard to survive? 


My Rating:



Review:

One of my favorite types of books is the rock star romance. Actually, I just love books that involve bands and music in general but throw in a little romance and I'm head over heels. Music and books are my two best loves in the world and when they come together, I get excited. So I was definitely curious to see what this was about when I came across it on NetGalley. 

Another Postcard was a different kind of rock star read than what I've read before. (And I've read quite a few of them). It was such a great mix of music, relationships, and suspense, believe it or not. The characters were great together as well. There were parts of this book that worked out well and then there were a few times that just seemed to go on a bit.Overall, this was a fun, enjoyable and suspenseful read. 

Brooklynn and Levi were our two main characters and I loved their passion for music! Elle Christensen did such a great job at describing the process of recording songs and working together as a band. I just felt like I was there. Brooklynn is a very caring person and I liked her character. She had been through quite a bit when she was younger and the way she cared and provided for her younger sister was nice to see. 

Levi was a pretty cool guy as well. I'm sure his voice was just sinful but he was a good guy and didn't seem to do much partying as is usual in rock star books. So that was definitely something different. Levi and Brooklynn really had chemistry, not only in their music but also in their personal lives. It takes awhile for Brooklynn to get comfortable with the idea of her and Levi, but once she does it gets pretty steamy for the two. ;) 

Aside from Brooklynn and Levi, we also meet the rest of Stone Butterfly and Brooklynn's sister. I really loved the band dynamic. They were such great friends and really embodied a family which I loved seeing. So I'm definitely looking forward to their stories next! 

This book also, surprisingly, has suspense. I was thinking that this was primarily a contemporary romance but I in for a surprise once I got into the story. I don't want to say more than that because I didn't have any idea that the storyline would go the way it did. Like I said, the last half was a surprise for me but a good one! It definitely added the excitement of a different nature and took this from being the requisite rock star book to something different. 

Like I said, this was such a good read for me. There were times when the details were a bit much but overall, it was a 4-star read. I am looking forward to more books in the series and learning more about the band members! Make sure to give this one a try if you love books about music, slow burning romance, and exciting suspense. 

Vanessa





No comments:

Post a Comment