Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Review: Until It Fades by K.A. Tucker

Until It Fades
Until It Fades
by K.A. Tucker
Published June 27th, 2017 by Atria Books
368 pages

*An advanced e-copy of this book was given to me by the author/publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!*


Find Until It Fades here:



Summary from Goodreads.com: 

Twenty-four-year-old truck stop waitress and single mother Catherine Wright has simple goals: to give her five-year-old daughter a happy life and to never again be the talk of the town in Balsam, Pennsylvania: population two thousand outside of tourist season.

And then one foggy night, on a lonely road back from another failed attempt at a relationship, Catherine saves a man’s life. It isn’t until after the police have arrived that Catherine realizes exactly who it is she has saved: Brett Madden, hockey icon and media darling.

Catherine has already had her fifteen minutes of fame and the last thing she wants is to have her past dragged back into the spotlight, only this time on a national stage. So she hides her identity. It works.

For a time.

But when she finds the man she saved standing on her doorstep, desperate to thank her, all that changes. What begins as an immediate friendship quickly turns into something neither of them expected. Something that Catherine isn’t sure she can handle; something that Catherine is afraid to trust.

Because how long can an extraordinary man like Brett be interested in an ordinary woman like Catherine…before the spark fades?
Review:
K.A. Tucker has just been added to my favorite New Adult authors list. Coincidentally, I had read her first book right before I was approved for this one and didn't even make the connection till I saw the cover again. I am not on a mission to read each and every one of her books because she just knows how to catch my attention. 
Even though I had only read one other book from Tucker before reading Until It Fades, I realized that this was kind of different from what she has written before. I loved it though and I honestly enjoyed every single minute I was reading this. 
The beginning does start off a little slow but after the first two chapters, you are bound to be hooked. I won't re-summarize the Goodreads summary so I'll just let you know what I liked about the book. 

The characters are a good place to start. I really enjoyed the characters individually and as a whole. I loved watching the relationships grow in this novel and there are quite a few of them to choose from. We have romantic relationships, familial relationships, and friendships! LOVED IT! Catherine was great in my opinion. She had made mistakes in the past and she made sure to learn from them. She was such a hard worker and very caring of her daughter, Brenna. I loved the bond between the two of them and Brenna was such a smart kid. Brett was just plain awesome. I seem to have a knack for finding New Adult/Adult romances involving hockey players and this guy was great. He was kind, caring, and pretty supportive of Catherine and those around her. The other friends and family members in the book each had their own place in Catherine's and Brett's life and I quite enjoyed that. 

Aside from the characters and the relationships, I also liked how this book dealt with some serious topics in a fairly neat way. Catherine's town wasn't very accepting of her for her past mistakes and I loved how despite that, Catherine actually had people that supported and cared for her. She was shown that it's okay to make mistakes and that it's just something that happens. Some are larger than others, but in the end, we just have to learn from them. I appreciated that not everybody was into shaming her. 

Until It Fades was such an easy book to read. It was entertaining, light-hearted at times, and just felt good to read. Enjoyable characters, relationships, and moments made this an awesome novel for me. It was just what I needed! I am definitely a new fan of K.A. Tucker and can't wait to see what else she comes up with. 




Rating:



Vanessa



No comments:

Post a Comment